Thousands of quality used books. Free shipping. Start saving today!
2 results found for "sara long"
Displaying: 1 - 2 results
- Jan 1, 2012)
Marie A. Boyle
, Sara Long Roth
Nutrition is personal. Knowledge is power. PERSONAL NUTRITION helps students turn knowledge into the power to make changes and live smarter. Created to help students be smarter consumers, PERSONAL NUTRITION builds the scientific foundation of nutrition through an accessible narrative and application. The functional presentation of vitamins and minerals in Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 provides students with a meaningful context for understanding their importance in maintaining good health. By engaging students through practical examples and exercises, the content empowers them with the knowledge and tools to make smart decisions regarding their personal nutrition and health. Updated with 2010 Dietary Guidelines and new learning objectives, the Eighth Edition presents current information in a format that focuses students on the most important topics. PERSONAL NUTRITION motivates students to become informed consumers and to make changes in their everyday life -- starting now.
Our price: $131.43 (save 9%)
Williams' Essentials of Nutrition and Diet Therapy (Williams' Essentials of Nutrition & Diet Therapy)
- Nov 17, 2010)
Eleanor Schlenker PhD RD
, Sara Long Roth PhD RD LD
From basic nutrition principles to the latest nutrition therapies for common diseases, Williams' Essentials of Nutrition & Diet Therapy, 10th Edition offers a solid foundation in the fundamental knowledge and skills your students need to provide effective patient care. Authors Eleanor Schlenker and Sara Long address nutrition across the life span and within the community, with an emphasis on health promotion and the effects of culture and religion on nutrition. Other key topics include childhood obesity, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and food safety. Plus, evidence-based information and real-world case scenarios help your students learn how to apply essential nutrition concepts and therapies in clinical practice.
- Case studies illustrate key concepts in authentic, "real-life" scenarios that reinforce learning and promote nutritional applications.
- Cultural Content boxes highlight the critical, yet often overlooked, role culture plays in nutritionÂ - a role that is becoming more important as the population becomes more diverse.
- Feature boxes spotlight newsworthy issues related to the chapter topic, including:
- Diet-Medications InteractionsÂ - dietary warnings related to specific prescription drugs.
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)Â - information on the uses, contraindications, and advantages/disadvantages of common herbs and supplements.
- Focus on Food SafetyÂ - important storage and preparation considerations for preventing food-borne illness.
- Health Promotion sections in each chapter emphasize the importance of health promotion and wellness as part of an effort to stress healthy lifestyle choices and prevention as the best "medicine."
- Websites of Interest at the end of every chapter lists reliable Internet resources for further study and exploration of various nutrition topics.
- Key terms are highlighted throughout the t...
Our price: $20.13 (save 74%)