I placed my order today - when will it go in the mail?
Orders are shipped the next business day after they are placed. If you would like your order shipped out on the same day the order is placed, you will need to contact us via phone at 1-800-586-9581 before 12:30pm Pacific Standard Time.
It's been several days, and I still don't have my order - what do I do?
How quickly you receive your order will depend on the shipping method you choose (see shipping options below), and the distance to the shipping address. For orders shipped domestically, we will automatically send an email confirming the date shipped and tracking number for your convenience.
How do I go about returning a book to you?
Please call 1-800-586-9581, or email us for your Return Authorization number. Items are returnable within 14 days of the date you received the item. Any item returned must be in the exact same condition as when you received it. Please include the original packing slip with your return, if you have it, and also include the reason for returning the item. We will issue you a refund within five business days of receiving your returned item.How do I cancel my order?
I need to cancel my order, but it's already on the way to me.
Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel orders already en route. However, items are returnable within 14 days of the date you received the item. Please call 1-800-586-9581, or email us for your Return Authorization number.
How long will it take to receive my refund?
Refunds are issued within five business days of receiving your returned item.
What shipping options are available?
Standard, Priority, FedEx 2nd Day, and FedEx Overnight shipping is available. For shipping upgrades, please call 1-800-586-9581 to pay by phone.
Each book also has comments that describe specific details about that book and what condition it is in. We take pride in describing our books as accurately as possible. You can find the condition comments following the book's general description.
We are so grateful for your patronage. Every customer's feedback is read and taken to heart to ensure Customer Service that not only meets but exceeds your expectations. Thank you for participating in this process. We look forward to your questions and comments.
Because a few bad apples will spoil the bunch, we had to come up with the fine print. Coupons cannot be combined with any other promotion or coupon; including group discounts, except when explicitly stated. Coupons are single-use only and must be redeemed at time of purchase: One coupon, per customer, per order during the valid period. Void if copied, transferred, and where prohibited by law. Any other use constitutes fraud. No cash value. Not redeemable for cash.
Click here and enter your gift certificate number to view your remaining balance.
What is BRAIN?
BRAIN (Books Recently Added Inventory Notice) lets you create automated email alerts for any book you want. Use BRAIN to let MKZbooks.com know what books you're looking for and we'll let you know as soon as we have them in stock.
How do I sign up for BRAIN alerts?
Step one is to create an MKZbooks.com account. Once you've logged into your MKZbooks.com account you can visit the BRAIN homepage and activate your BRAIN account by clicking the Activate link. This keeps your BRAIN alerts secure and private. In just a few minutes, you should receive a BRAIN activation email to your registered email with a link to confirm your BRAIN.
Privacy concerns? Please view our Privacy Statement for more information on our security and privacy policies.
How does it work?
Follow the steps from "How do I sign up for BRAIN alerts?"
- Enter a search term for the books you want. You can search by title, keyword, author, or ISBN.
- Specify how often you want to be notified. We can send your results as soon as a book arrives or send you daily or weekly summaries.
- Tell us how many results to include in the email BRAIN sends to you up to 10, 20 or 30 results at a time.
BRAIN will scan new additions to our inventory at the frequency you request and match them with your search criteria. Then we'll email you the results automatically as often as you select. You're in control of your BRAIN. You can discontinue the alerts or change them at any time by logging into BRAIN and making any adjustments you want.
How do people use BRAIN?
BRAIN will work with your particular interests. BRAIN offers you full control over the results included in your alerts.
- Book collectors can use BRAIN to search for hard to find titles and know the minute we add them to our inventory.
- Looking for the latest bestsellers from your favorite authors? Tell BRAIN to send you daily alerts of their brand new books the very same day they appear on MKZbooks.com.
- For book clubs, BRAIN can keep you updated on a weekly basis and help you find the books you want at the best price available.
You can even limit your results by condition and get BRAIN alerts only when we match your wanted books in NEW or LIKE NEW books appropriate for gift giving. Alternatively, you can expand your selections by including VERY GOOD, GOOD or ACCEPTABLE condition books.
You are the one who decides how you want BRAIN to work for you. Just remember, MKZbooks.com is a used book seller so our prices and inventory can change daily. Our most popular titles don't stay around very long. You'll need to act quickly on your BRAIN alerts if you want to get that certain book at a great price.
I didn't get my activation link, what should I do?
- Check your junk email box. Sometimes the activation email will be marked as spam.
- Be sure to check the "My Account" section on MKZbooks.com to ensure you have provided the correct email address you wish to use.
If you haven't received your Activation link within a few minutes, please inform us here and we'll help you as soon as possible.
What should I type as a search term?
There are two ways to use BRAIN for finding the books you want. For general terms such as author, series name, subject or keyword you can use the Add Advanced Alert button. Since the advanced alert creation is done by hand, it is always a good idea to double check what you have entered for any mistakes.
For specific titles and ISBNs you can use the Feed Your BRAIN search box at the top. Book titles can be entered using the advanced alert option, however, you lose the ability to choose between different versions such as hardback and paperback and you run the risk of misspelling the name.
How frequently can I receive alerts?
BRAIN offers three options for the frequency of your alerts.
- As-It-Arrives: Email alerts will be sent momentarily after new inventory is added.
- Daily: Email alerts will be sent every 24 hours from the time you create them.
- Weekly: Email alerts will be sent every 7 days from the time you create them.
BONUS: For DAILY and AS IT ARRIVES alerts, the books are being advertised exclusively to all MKZbooks.com customers and will not be advertised outside of our website for 24 hours. This window was created to help MKZbooks.com customers get to the inventory first, because after 24 hours the books will be available outside of our site and will sell fast!
What does "Minimum Condition" mean?
The minimum condition feature can be used to receive alerts for books that are equal to or better than the condition you select. MKZbooks.com is renowned for our accurate condition and description ratings. Our listers examine each book we sell and place it into one of the following categories:
- New: A brand-new, unused, unread copy in perfect condition.
- Like New: An apparently unread copy in perfect condition. Dust cover is intact, with no nicks or tears. Spine has no signs of creasing. Pages are clean and are not marred by notes or folds of any kind. Book may contain a remainder mark on an outside edge but this will be noted in listing comments
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in excellent condition. Pages are intact and are not marred by notes or highlighting. The spine remains undamaged.
- Good: A copy that has been read, but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (including dust cover, if applicable). The spine may show signs of wear. Pages can include limited notes and highlighting, and the copy may include "From the library of" labels.
- Acceptable: A readable copy. All pages are intact, and the cover is intact (the dust cover may be missing). Pages may include considerable notes--in pen or highlighter--but the notes do not obscure the text.
Why do I see multiple entries for the same book?
Since we are a used book seller, each book we add to our inventory is unique. For example, one copy of a book might have highlighting on the pages while another copy may have none. We describe each book specifically so you know exactly what you will get. Because of that, it is necessary to list each actual book separately even though they may share the same title.
What is the maximum number of BRAIN alerts I can create?
You can have up to 150 BRAIN alerts active for each email address you register at MKZbooks.com. However, to keep your mailbox from overflowing, we suggest that you keep your BRAIN fresh by updating and deleting your alerts on a regular basis.
How do I delete alerts I don't want to receive any more?
Click the "Remove this alert" link, located at the bottom of every notification email, to delete that specific alert. You can also login to MKZbooks.com and visit your BRAIN alerts management page. From there you are able to delete multiple alerts at once or make any other changes.
I'd like to receive BRAIN Alerts in plain text rather than HTML. Can I do that?
Yes, just click on "switch to text emails" on the BRAIN management page. You can change between these options at any time and as often as you like.